For over 40 years, Castle’s has been a major resource for language learning in Switzerland. We have expertise that is much broader than that of most of our competitors: We offer language courses in Zug, Thalwil and Basel, as well as abroad in combination with a language stay. In doing so, we are guided by the highest standards of language teaching. Our experience gives us an advantage in advising those interested in language stays. For participants who so desire, a language study abroad can be booked in conjunction with on-site instruction to provide a seamless learning experience.
We are also proud to work with local companies large and small to provide language training to their employees.
«Meet the team»
Castle’s Team in Zug
Castle’s Team in Thalwil
Castle’s Team in Basel
Language School with a vision
Castle’s – Language courses here and abroad
We offer our customers an optimal learning environment so that they can fully develop their skills and achieve the best possible progress. We strive for constant quality and improvement of our services.
Competent, motivated, interested
Qualified teaching staff, familiar with the latest styles and didactics for teaching foreign languages to adults. Classes at level B1 or above are taught by native speakers of the relevant language.
Classic, successful, proven
- Small classes
- Classes B1 and above are taught by native speakers
- Balanced lessons with instruction in all aspects of language: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening
- Appropriate, modern teaching materials
- Varied lessons with individual and group work, guided by the qualified teacher
All our teachers are qualified foreign language teachers. For English, the minimum qualification is the CELTA “Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults”. This is a language teaching diploma from the University of Cambridge. It is the most internationally recognized diploma for teaching English to adults. The French and German teachers have comparable qualifications in their language (e.g. SVEB).
Uplifting, educational, entertaining
Clearly structured course modules guarantee ongoing development and progress. Preparation for the internationally recognized University of Cambridge and DELF/DALF exams, as well as Goethe Institute, SDS and fide. Tailor-made special courses for private students.
Experienced, competent, certified
Over 40 years of experience arranging language stays abroad.
- We offer a competent and free consultation. Contact us for an appointment.
- Over 40 years of experience with study abroad.
- We regularly visit our partner schools abroad and select the best for our clients.
- Thanks to our many years of experience as a language school, we know how to classify students and respond directly to the needs of our clients.
- Your paid travel amounts are protected, as we are a member of the Guarantee Fund of the Swiss Travel Industry. (Garantiefonds)
- Benefit from only one contact person at home and abroad and contact us directly with your request.
- You get a lowest price guarantee, which means you can’t book the same course with the same conditions anywhere cheaper.
- We are a member of the IG Lilas (Leading Independent Language Agencies of Switzerland).
Unique, customer-friendly, promising
Castle’s Exam Guarantee
If you book a diploma course (English or French) abroad through us, and you do not pass the exam, although the language school has accepted you for the course, then you can study one semester (max. 12 weeks) with us for free to prepare for the exam again. This will save you about CHF 1000 in additional course costs.
You can take the semester course for English (First, Advanced or Proficiency) in the following schools:
You can take the semester course for French in the following school:
This offer is free and not coupled with any insurance.
Minimum stay abroad to qualify: 8 weeks.
Here you can find an overview of all possible Cambridge and DELF/DALF exams
Efficient, helpful, uncomplicated
We adhere to a lean, task-oriented administration. We respond flexibly to customer wishes.
Bright, clean, comfortable
Well-furnished classrooms support learning success in a pleasant atmosphere.
Shortly before the summer of 1979, Sebi Guldin had the idea to start an English school. He succeeded in inspiring Nick Gibbons with this idea as well. The two rented a couple of rooms at Zugerstrasse 11 in Baar. They put out a flyer and hoped that about 50 interested people would sign up. In the first semester, however, there were already 150 – many of them Sebi’s relatives and friends.
The school was initially called “English Institute”. The original plan was to call the school “English for Enjoyment”. However, the two soon realized that many Swiss people want to learn English primarily to be able to pass exams!
After one semester, the school moved to Dorfstrasse 34 in Baar, where it remained for the next 15 years. 25 years ago, it moved to its current location. Still: Our roots are in Baar – 5 of the 6 Baar municipal presidents have learned English at Castle’s during these last 40 years.
Why the name “Castle’s”? The naming is inspired by the English saying “My home is my castle”. Castle’s should be like a second home for its clients!